Please see below for membership information
Membership Requirements and Privileges
You must possess (own, rent, or borrow) a self-contained* RV unit with integrated holding tanks for fresh, black, and grey water, and agree to abide by the club rules and regulations in order to become a member.
Members are allowed to dry-camp in an open field* overlooking the Floyd Bennett Memorial Airport for the Adirondack Balloon Festival, and participate in various club-sponsored activities during the festival.
Membership is available on a first-come, first-served basis. We have a limited number of spots so we recommend that you register early.
* Please note: The RV parking area is not a "campground" - it is simply an open, unimproved field that Warren County generously allows us to use for one weekend a year during the Adirondack Balloon Festival. There are no hookups for water or sewer, all garbage must be brought home with you after the event, and there are no campfires or charcoal grills allowed.
The Northeast Hot Air RV'ers makes no claims as to the suitability of the site for RV parking and assumes no responsibility for your vehicle.
How does this work?
Here are the highlights:
- Upon submitting your membership application and dues, you become a club member. Please read everything you are mailed.
- You will receive a parking assignment for your RV. (They are usually mailed around Labor Day.)
- RVs arrive at the field on Friday from 2 pm until 7:30/dark. Member volunteers direct RVs to their assigned parking area.
- If you are coming with a group, you must arrive together to park together.
- Once the RVs are parked, they are expected to remain parked for the duration of the gathering. Vehicles are not allowed to move in the field from sunset Friday until after the Sunday
- There is a separate parking area for vehicles that can be used to come and go during the weekend. If you have a tow vehicle, you may detach it before 7:00 on Friday night and park it in the Towed Parking area.
- The balloons are scheduled to launch Friday and Saturday evening and Saturday and Sunday Morning.
- There is a bus to transport members to and from the airport.
- There are club activities throughout the weekend and a membership meeting at 2pm on Saturday.
- Members are asked to volunteer for a 2-hour shift during the weekend if they are able.
- Everyone packs up and leaves the field after the Sunday monring launch. RVs must be off the field by 10 am Sunday.